THIS POSITION'S PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY WILL BE AT OUR CLARKSVILLE, TN LOCATION
- See patients and synthesize information gathered from patients' histories, examinations, and diagnostic information to formulate a diagnosis and plan of treatment.
- Collaborate with physicians and ancillary personnel as appropriate to promote quality care for patients.
- Make referrals when appropriate
- Appropriately diagnose and manage neurologic illnesses, whether acute or chronic with attention to medical co-morbidities
- Recommend diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with attention to patient education with regard tot he procedures ordered (how to prepare, what to expect, how results are relayed, etc.)
- Prescribe medications (both controlled and non-controlled substances) based on efficacy, safety, and cost and formulary as legally authorized.
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illness, including, but not limited to lifestyle modifications, medication compliance, and treatment adherence.
- Establish a rapport with patients to alleviate any fears, doubts or concerns about their disease course and treatment.
- Education of patients regarding the team approach of MDs and NPs/PA-Cs at KCA when necessary
- Behave in a manner that does not undermine other providers that may have previously taken care of the patients you are managing.
- Completion of notes in a timely manner
- Sign off on documents in fax server, notify MD of results requiring urgent management
- Manage eRx requests and other prescription requests
- Complete Peer to peer calls and prior authorizations when needed
- Facilitate/Supervise complex order completion such as IVIG, IV Steroids, Lumbar Punctures
- Answer calls from answering service after hours from other providers/labs. (KCA does not take after hours calls from patients. They may only call during regular business hours). Advise MD if necessary to close out call.
- Maintain awareness of patient wait times and who is checked in and waiting; step in and help and or direct MA staff to keep schedule on time.
- Assist drawing up medications if this is needed to stay on time
- Be flexible and provide feedback necessary to support the company
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Licensed to practice as required by the state of TN
- A minimum of two years of experience as a certified physician assistant
- Coverage of both practice locations (Franklin, TN and Clarksville, TN)
- Neurological experience preferred, but PM&R, emergency medicine, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery or pain management experience is acceptable.
- Active TN Medicare number
- Active DEA number
- Experience with EHR systems. Training on our specific EHRs (AdvancedMD and Nexus) will be provided.
- Ability to learn to perform procedures, such as trigger point injections and occipital nerve blocks.
- Ability to understand, applies and supports practice policies, procedures, goals and standards.
- Ability to work in a face paced, high stress environment
- Ability to handle difficult patients
Medical, dental and vision insurances available
No inpatient duties
Salary: Base + plus production based incentive after first year of employment
Coffee/lunch provided most days
Comfortable working environment
Top notch medical assistants and doctors that work as a team, and treat each other with respect.
REQUIRED TESTINGCompletion of personality profile required. Use link below to complete; submit results with your application. It will take 10-15 minutes.
Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment
Completion of pre-employment testing required. Applicants who do not complete this pre-employment testing will not be considered.
Click link below to begin test. It will take 20-30 minutes.
You will not be contacted for an interview if the above are not completed.