EEG Technician (Electroencephalogram technician)
Summary: Conduct electroencephalograms, ambulatory electroencephalograms and similar tests. This position requires travel.
- Conduct electroencephalograms (EEEGs), ambulatory electroencephalograms (AEEGs), or other neurodiagnostic tests to record patients' neurological activity using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices or computer software.
- Explain testing procedures to patients to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Obtain and record patient identification, medical history, medications and test results.
- Explain the patient operation of the AEEG equipment to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Monitor patients' clinical and electrical activity during diagnostic procedures when applicable, and notify the manager to abnormalities or changes in patient responses something appears wrong.
- Monitor patients' comfort and safety during tests, alerting manager to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Upload data collected from diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physician.
- Adjust equipment and software according to physicians' orders or established protocol.
- Check, test, and maintain equipment, making minor repairs when necessary, to ensure proper operation.
- Supervise or train other EEG technologists or students.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments or ordering supplies or equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline.
- No Experience with performance of AEEGs required. Training provided for the right candidate.
- Travel required to surrounding cities required.
- Completion of the following pretest is required. Your application will not be considered if this test is not completed.
Click the link below to begin the test.
EEG-T Pre-Employment Test
- Training & Development
- This is contract labor job (side gig). You will be paid per study performed.